Sally B. Rutherford

History
Rutherford Elementary School is named for Sallie B. Rutherford, a longtime teacher and principal in the Louisville city schools, who was credited with introducing co-education of male and female students into the system. The school was originally identified as the McArthur school but was renamed during its construction. The school opened in 1951 and was dedicated in May 1952.
Tour the School
Search Tags